Have you ever purchased fake eyelashes only to find the glue won’t stick to them? The eyelashes pop off completely or they will only half stick to your eyelids. Then when you go to reapply using the same glue it only manages to stick to your finger and break and bend your lashes? All eyelash glue is semi-permanent but not all of them are created equally. Many are actually quite harmful to use. Below is a guide on how to select the best eyelashes glue for your eyes.
Don’t Buy Cheap Glue
It is true that in some cases you do get what you pay for and when it comes to eyelash glue you don’t ever want to go cheap. What happens with cheap glue is that it not only can irritate sensitive eyes, but it’s also a poison that your body is absorbing every time you use it. Frequent use of fake eyelashes can become weak and brittle from the chemicals used in the glue.
Cheap eyelash glue can also become clumpy as you use it over time. It can even rip a chunk out of your real lashes or break off a section of your fake ones leaving you frustrated and in need of a replacement set of lashes. Aside from being painful this is obviously a huge inconvenience that should never happen.
Cheap Eyelash Glues Involves Harsh Chemicals
Most people don’t think about eyelash glue being available in different formulas but there are actually different ingredients that go into them depending on which product you invest your money in. Cheaper eyelash glue has harsh chemicals that will harm your natural lashes over time whereas more expensive semi-permanent glues will allow you to wear your lashes longer and you won’t ever have to worry about them falling off again. Harmful ingredients to watch out for in eyelash glue include:
• Formaldehyde – is a common ingredient in many of the eyelash glues on the market today. This highly potent ingredient has also been linked to organ system toxicity, neurotoxicity, and reproductive toxicity.
• Latex – can cause allergic reactions
• Ammonia – Another dangerous irritant
• Sodium dodecylbenzenesulfanate – Can cause eye irritation and permanently damage the eyes
In addition to apply these harsh chemicals to skin, when the glue is moist these chemicals are inhaled as they are applied. To combat this, use all-natural adhesive. Look for Chamomile in the ingredients list because it calms skin and is a natural anti-inflammatory.
What to Use
Certain brands have the staying power you need without the irritation that comes with cheap semi-permanent glue. These brands include but are not limited to:
• Cardani’s Secure Hold Glue – BPA free, Formaldehyde free, Clear-drying, Gluten-free, as well as Vegan
• Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive – Strongest known eyelash glue on the market
• Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive – Formulated with vitamins to keep your real lashes healthy
• Callas Eyelash Adhesive – Double eyelid glue
When it comes to picking semi-permanent eyelash glue it doesn’t matter what type of skin you have, avoid the cheap products and buy a healthy formula that will last. You’ll be happy your fake lashes won’t fall off anymore and your real lashes will thank you for using an all natural solution to the problem.